Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Eventful Weekend

Well my weekend was full of great things... and I will highlight the high points.

Saturday

I drove down to Crozet for my 2nd of 3 wedding showers, this one thrown by my sister-in-law K. It was a small gathering with great people and amazing food. I mean really amazing. K had a delicious spread of Risotto, green beans, spinach salad (in this really cool parmesean cheese cups) and prosciutto-wrapped chicken with a yummy mushroom sauce. Dessert was an assortment of cream puffs, eclairs and yellow cake with chocolate frosting and a strawberry cheesecake filling. Oh it was SO good! Aside from eating, we spent the afternoon opening gifts and just chatting away.

After everyone left, I stayed with Mike and K, have some QT with Julia and Ella (Cazin was there, but doing his own thing) I will tell you, Julia has Tita Molly right where she wants her... I will do just about anything with that girl, moreso as an effort to be a "cool aunt" that she has fun with. I am anxious for her to be a little older... like 13, because I seem to relate better with teenagers :) We can talk about Hilary Duff and the Jonas Brothers. Haha.

Sunday

I took the plunge... I did it... I bought a new car! WHAT?!?! Yes, I have retired the Civic and now am the proud owner of a 2007 Nissan Versa. It was a tough decision, well kinda, but it was time. I've been saying for years how I needed a new car, and Sunday, well the offer was too good to pass up. It started on Friday when I took the old Civic in for an oil change, and came back with a report of needing new tires and a new axle... another $1000 to put into my car. Ugh. Bruno said, "That's it! We're getting you a new car!" I whined for a second, then said, "Ok."

I had looked at the Versa before and obviously liked it, so it was easier to decide on what to get. We went to the dealership about an hr before it closed, test drove the car, and were pretty happy with it. However, me, not being one to make quick decisions, wanted to sit on it and try some other cars at other dealers. Well the Nissan dealership would have none of that. The manager came over as we were heading out the door, telling us, "I've got to make a sale. This is what I can do for you..."

Final verdict - free oil changes for 2 yrs, lifetime state inspections, 94k mile bumper to bumper warranty (my car started with 46k miles) and my monthly payment is $161. Um, yeah... could I pass this up??? Not a chance. So we left the lot with a new car and I'm SO excited about it! I wish I drove to work just so I could drive it more. But in due time...

It will take some getting used to, even with my friends who know me with my Civic. But after 10 years of driving it, it was time.

When I get some pictures taken of it, I will post them so you can see the beauty that is now my car. Yay!

No comments: