Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hey Gross Girl

I just don’t get it. I really don’t. When you work out, especially after an actual Body Pump class, you are sweaty. You are stinky. You are just plain gross and in desperate need of a shower. Most people love that shower right after a tough workout. It takes away the grime, makes you smell good and is really refreshing. Obviously this post is headed in the direction of, “There’s a girl at the gym who doesn’t shower after her Body Pump class!!” You heard it here folks, this isn’t a lie or a one-time deal. This girl is a repeat offender and I just don’t know how she can stand it.

She doesn’t even wash her face. Gross. She comes in, direct from class, maybe towels off a little bit, and puts her WORK CLOTHES on. Overtop of her sweatiness. How do I really know she’s sweaty? Because her hair is wet. Wet with sweat. She doesn’t rinse at all… she actually blow-dries the sweat from her hair.

I always watch in disbelief, but try not to stare. And I think others are doing the same. Today, when she was blowing-drying her sweaty hair, a friend of hers came in and exclaimed, ”Man you’re quick!” clearly thinking that she had already showered and was drying showered hair. The girl simply smiled and said, “Yep.”

Meanwhile, I see another woman looking at the sweaty girl with a disgusted look on her face, thinking the same thing I was… “She didn’t shower and that’s why she’s so quick!” I just don’t get it. Maybe she thinks that her 25 min walk to work will reduce the stinkiness, but I know that couldn’t have been the case this summer. I’m just glad I don’t have to work with her.

No comments: