Friday, May 30, 2008

Our First Dance

As you may or may not know, I'm getting married next May. YAY!


So to get prepared, Bruno (the future husband) and I decided to get a headstart with our dancing shoes so we can look awesome in front of our wedding guests. We actually took a few group and private lessons last year, loved it, but just didn't have the time to continue. If you know us, you know we are usually booked every day, every night, 6 months in advance.


Last night we had our first private lesson since last year, and we were a little nervous. We had the same instructor as before, who is pretty awesome and works well with us. So we started the lesson with some box simple box steps, which came back top us like riding a bike. After a little box stepping, we were mastering spins, twirls and even a new dip. Awesome.


At the beginning of the lesson we told our instructor, Justin, that we were getting married next year. YAY! He looked a bit confused, then I informed him that I had just come from my softball game, so my ring had not returned to my finger yet. We asked that he listen to our First Dance song and let us know what dance style we should persue with it. The music started to play, Bruno started to dance, Justin listened and immediately let us know that we would use the Rhumba style for the song. Awesome, since that's what we had been refreshed on earlier in the lesson.


"Go ahead and try it with the song," he says.


Bruno puts out his arms and I set myself perfectly inside them. We count off and move into our "Slow, Quick Quick, Slow" beat. Almost immediately, before we even get through the 1st 4 beats, tears start to form in my eyes. We had never actually danced to our song before, and now, experiencing it, I couldn't help but look ahead a year and imagine us, all dolled up and looking fanastic, in front of all our friends and family, dancing as husband and wife. I can't wait :)

No comments: