Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My weakness... 6 in 15

If you know me at all, you know my weakness is concerts. I've always been a concert-lover, but until I met Bruno, I never had anyone to go with me. So I'd average maybe 2-3 concerts a year. But when I met Bruno, well that all changed. Since he's a lover of concerts as well, and we share similar music tastes, my average per year got bumped up to 20-22! And I LOVE it!

It's our weakness... we will buy tickets when we have no money. We can't help it. We just get so involved in the music and hate missing our favorite artists. We will see them 2-3 times in a year, if we're lucky enough to have them tour that often. Our wedding was focused on our love of music - from the table names, placecards and ever favors.

So this is the background that leads me to this post - 6 in 15 days. I recently went to my 6th concert in 15 days... and even for me, that's a lot! Here's the list of the shows...

New Kids on the Block
Taylor Swift
No Doubt
The Fray
Plain White T's
Aerosmith

You know what I love about this list? I love that all the music is SO different. Yes, I'm a teeny-bopper at heart but when it comes down to it, I really love music and will try almost anything when it comes to it. I will go to concerts having never heard the artist before (the Yeah Yeah Yeahs 3 years ago) and concerts where I know EVERY SINGLE SONG (Panic at the Disco).

The atmospheres and crowds of these 6 shows was so different from each other... it was just great. I can't say much more about, aside from that I loved them all... I went to the shows with different groups of people... and had a great time at every single one of them.

I don't think I can ever give this up. I want to say I'm around 10 or so for the year... so I may be behind schedule. But it catches up and I'm sure I'll make it over the 20 mark. Next up - Eric Hutchinson and Jason Mraz. I saw Eric at the beginning of May at the 930 Club. Now he'll be performing at Merriweather. A different kind of venue - not nearly as intimate. The largest venue I've seen Jason Mraz at is Constitution Hall. So it will be a different feel, especially sitting on the lawn (pavilion seats are sold out!) but nonetheless, I can't say no.

Anything you can't live without??

No comments: