Monday, March 22, 2010

The Big 3-0

My 30th birthday is less then a year away. I'm not really freaking out about it... for now at least. It will be odd to reach the Big 3-0, but hopefully I won't panic like they do in the movies and tv. For now, I have a few plans, and just added another.

My friends and I, who have our birthday within 2 weeks of each other, have already tentatively thought about a Super Sweet 30th Birthday. We're hoping for a major bash, MTV style. In reality, that probably won't happen, but a joint birthday will for sure. For those who have celebrated with me, I tend to have a really fun bash for my birthday each year and I'm thinking the 30th bash will be the final one. It's not that I don't enjoy them... I love them for sure. But you can only have big birthday bashes for so long...

Anyhow, so that's one plan. Plan number 2, if I don't chicken out, is to get Lasik. I would just LOVE to be able to wake up in the morning and see... to go to bed without having to take my contacts out first. I've always been hesitant, because things with my eyes freak me out. But I know MANY people who have done the surgery, including my friend who's eye sight was worse then mine. Of course, I may not be eligible for the surgery, but for now, my plan is to do it. It would just be so great not to worry about that anymore...

My last plan is something new. Something that probably won't happen. A tattoo. Yeah, that's right. I've never gotten one before because I could never think of something that I loved enough to permanently put on my body. I don't have anything right now, but for some reason, I'm very interested in the thought. Where would it go? On the inside of my wrist. I understand that it would hurt like no other, another reason it probably won't happen. But I think the inside of the wrist is really great placement. It's subtle and can be hidden if necessary. But it's also a place where later in life, my skin won't sag or expand too much that it's beyond recognition. For now, this is just a thought. I figure if in a year, I'm still interested, then I'll go for it. But for all things permanent, there has to be absolute desire and confidence in it.

When I turn 30, I may be a whole new person. Well, I'll just be able to see and have ink on my skin. Close enough.

2 comments:

EP/Steve said...

Re: Plan number 2, if you are eligble, DO IT. You will thank yourself a million times for it, I guarantee. Follow the doctor's orders to the letter, and let yourself heal properly [even err on the conservative and cautious side].

Re: Plan number 3, the inside of the wrist doesn't hurt as much as you might think. One, if you decide do go through with it, once the time comes you'll probably be so doped up on adrenaline, the pain won't register nearly as much. Two, there are much more painful spots to get tattoos. Three, your approach is solid. If you come up with something soon, and shelf it for a year, and still want it then, you're golden. Tattoos can be beautiful if they're done with the proper planning.

If you have any questions on either issue, feel free to ask. =) Both are things important to me, and I can provide you with my stories if you're interested.

Oh, and Re: Plan number 1, a super party would be awesome!

Steven Sorrell said...

I like the tattoo idea. I'm planning on getting another one here soon, if you want, you could always come with...