Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A dilemma...

Bruno and I have had a trip planned with our friends for weeks, maybe even months, to go up to Philly this coming weekend. We go up Saturday to start our weekend Cheesesteak tour. Yep, cheesesteaks. We plan on hitting up Pat's, Geno's, Tony Luka's and the Dairy Cottage. Sunday night we attend the John Mayer concert, then we come home Monday.

Here's the dilemma... I just received an email today about a meeting for my project, on Monday. From 10am to 4:30pm. What?! The meeting is to discuss schematic design. Now, my boss already knew I had this day off for vacation, but I think Monday was the only day our client could meet. What do I do??

On one hand, I've been looking forward to this weekend for so long and want to take full advantage of a fun weekend in Philly. On the other, it's my first project and from what I understand, the interiors department doesn't often get to attend meetings. Usually it's our boss who does. So it would be great to attend and really be involved in the project.

But we are staying at a B&B and it's too late to shorten our reservation. I don't want to cut our trip short, but should I? What if I do, and then the meeting doesn't even really involve me much? I just don't know the right answer here.

Ugh why did they have to plan it for Monday?!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you discussed this with your boss? You said they knew you have already scheduled leave for that day, but they may give you a better idea if you really should be there or if it would be okay if you missed it. Definitely annoying to not know the details and you end up staying and come to find out it wasn't really that big of a deal. And 2nd, wow, that's a lot of cheesesteaks in one day :)