Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The reasons I love him...

Okay, so this blog refers to (2) hims, but don't start freaking out yet. I'll start with the more important one.

Bruno.

For Christmas, my awesome and amazingly intuitive fiancee got me a fabulous pair of Uggs. I had never mentioned them to him, and honestly didn't realize I wanted them until about 2 weeks before Christmas. When I opened them as my last present, I was floored at how he somehow knew to get them for me! He is truly amazing when it comes to knowing me that it's a little scary sometimes. Haha. So since I got the Uggs, I've been wearing them nonstop. Nonstop enough to spill meatball sauce on them soon after I got them! I was devasted and Bruno was not too happy about it either. We, well mostly him, worked on getting the stain out with the stain remover/conditioner from Uggs, and while the stain came mostly out, the softness and deep color of the sheepskin had all but disappeared. Sadly, I accepted my boots and hated myself for ruining these wonderful treats for my feet.

Last night, Bruno takes my Uggs out of the bedroom to out them away. I figure they are annoying him because they were just strewn about the floor, in his way.

"Thanks" I say.

As we leaved later in the evening for dinner, Bruno has my Uggs, but it pulling a carboard shaper out of them.

"Why would those be in there" I thought to myself.

Then I looked at them closely, as he smiled, and they looked so much softer and richer then my Uggs. The awesome fiancee that he is, had bought me new Uggs! I think it bothered him that I had messed up mine, and he couldn't take it anymore. So now I have new Uggs, and I'm super pysched!!


Augusten Burroughs.

This is the one and only author I can't get enough of. I've read 3 of his books, including Running with Scissors, and am on to my 4th one now. If you know me, reading is not my thing, and for me to LOVE an author is just crazy. But I do. I love him and read through his books so quickly. His sense of humor is exactly what makes me laugh to myself, even on the shuttle with everyone watching. I get lost in his books and am deeply saddened that he won't be writing anymore (or so it seems).

So yesterday as I started the book I came across a chapter titled "Team Player." The first line of this chapter...

"I collect college T-Shirts."

Someone else does that???? He goes into how he proudly wears these shirts, and then constantly gets questioned on when he graduated and whatnot. His most prized t-shirt? His solid red Harvard shirt. (The shirt I was wearing when I met Bruno). Coincidence? Well, yes. But it makes me love him that much more.

Read his books!

No comments: