Thursday, April 30, 2009

Here it is!

What you all have been waiting for... the recap of my Bachlorette Party!!! Let me say again what an AWESOME job Karen and Allyson did, and what an FANTASTIC time I had with everyone. You guys ROCK!

Saturday


The weekend event started Saturday morning when Karen, Allyson and Chelsea came through my front door, yelling and putting a sash and veil on my head. My thought, "Will I have to wear this for EVERYTHING?" Haha.



They gathered my things, pushed me out the door, and we were on our way. Destination unknown. As the whole weekend was. We caravaned with Erin to Manassas, where we made our first stop to pick up Julie. At this point, I figured we were headed South.

Our first stop, aside from the gas station, was the James River Winery. Lottie joined us and together we all went in to sample some delicious wines.

After a round of tasting, we bought some bottles and headed outside for an amazing picnic. All the girls had brought such a great spread of food, including Garlic Knots from Montana Bread Co. in Richmond (thanks Lottie!!) and more food then all of us could eat. At this point, Linda, Mollie and Lindsay joined the crowd.




We ate, drank, made some new friends, and we were on our way to the next stop.


We stopped at a hotel just outside of Richmond, where we would be hanging out until it was dinner time. It was there that the others joined the crowd... Stephanie, Kim, Juli, Chrissy, Joyce, Jen. We hung out in the rooms, which were appropriately tagged with signs for "Molly's Bachlorette Party"... I think that made other visitors in the hotel a little nervous!


After getting ready to go to dinner, all the girls gathered in my room for some party rules, plans, presents, cookies and champagne. It was after the gift opening that I was told of my fate for the evening... I would have a series of competitions that I would need men I would meet that night, to complete. The prize was a fantastic gold medal. In addition to the competition, all the girls had written their own requests that I would have to complete throughout the night as they handed them to me. I told them, "Let me have enough drinks before you hand me any cards!"





Next stop... The Beach House Bar and Grill, specifically The Keys Piano Bar.


Adorned in my veil, sash and now pink boa, we all sat down at the table and anxiously awaited for the pianists to make their appearance. The food was delicious (including cheese fries!) and the fun soon began.


We all started making requests... and after handing them a generous donation, the pianists played our songs, including once specifically for me.
A few hours later, it was time to head to our next destination. We left the bar after an great rendition of "Rocking the Suburbs" and were on our way. Little did I know we'd be taking such a sweet ride... a limo bus! We picked up everyone and headed to Old Tobacco Company in Richmond.


It was there that we danced, drank and got free pink champagne. I handed out my medals, after some stiff competition of course, and worked my way through the other cards. The night was fun, and our large group rolled out around 1:30am.










Sunday

Though I wasn't sure it would happen... my group and I were able to get out of the hotel by 10am. Karen had told us all the night before about getting up early, but you just never know...

So we left the hotel and headed back to Richmond. I was a little nervous when we got out of the car and the girls made sure I had my veil and sash again.

"For breakfast?" I thought.

Well, it turns out, it was for brunch. And it WAS a definite must. Stephanie and Kim had to leave to head back to NY, but Andrea and Jennifer joined us just in time for what was sure to be a one-of-a-kind meal. We got to Godfrey's and waited about 20 minutes, along with about 50 other women.

"Why are all these women here?" I thought.

And then there she was. I mean, there he was. I mean, huh? Yep... we were about to embark on a Drag Queen Brunch. Holla!

I'll just leave you with pictures, because they really do speak a thousand words. The brunch was so much fun, the food was excellent, and I couldn't stop smiling. You won't either!




Thanks again to EVERYONE who made this weekend so memorable. It was truly incredible and I'm so glad to have such amazing friends!!!

2 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast and I'm really sorry I wasn't able to make it!!!

The School Family said...

I cannot believe you went to Godfreys!