Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Observe.

When I go to Belle's Body attack classes, I tend to watch everyone else in the room, while we are going through all the tracks. I guess it keeps my mind off of the workout I'm getting, but I just observe, subtly of course. There will be people who can't stay on beat, those who are TOO into the class, those who just go along at a good pace, like myself, and a few other types. Here's 2 observations/evaluations from class last night.

The Girl that is TOO into (or too good for) the Class

Oh my God, this girl came in slightly late, just when we were getting started, which isn't a big deal. She proceeded to fix her hair, then took a spot next to me. I didn't think anything of it at first, since the beginning part is kinda slow and everyone is warming up. But soon enough, very soon, this girl IMMEDIATELY got on my nerves. She was basically going over and above what everyone else was doing. It's hard to describe, but it just drove me crazy. Basically, she was as energized as the instructor, Nate, which is great for an instructor. But when you are a participant and the girl next to you is kicking her legs WAY higher then everyone else, jogging faster, and, what's MOST annoying, coming into MY space because her gallops are so big... well, as you can see, it's just an insane annoyance. So not only was she being annoying this way, but she also kept stopping to fix her hair. I mean come on lady, it's gym class. Just get it out of your face and that's it.

I know this rant is silly, but for some reason, I just hated this girl. I wanted to be as far away as I could from her, and I couldn't because there were too many people there. I hope she's not there next week...

Thin Girl with no Stamina or Rhythm

Last night there was also a girl who was really thin, and looked like she was in great shape. You kinda assume that if these people are thin, then they must workout a lot. And maybe she does... but not cardio. We had barely gotten through Track 2 and already this girl was huffing and puffing and hardly keeping up. You have a long way to go sweetie.

I know I sound mean, or something, but it was just so interesting to me to watch this girl (and to keep away from over-achiever on my left), and kinda curse her at the same time. This is obviously a girl who doesn't HAVE to work out to be thin, so that's annoying also.


Haha I'm really not this mean, or judgemental... well, ok, sometimes I am. It probably stems from the competition crazy in me, and that's why I hate these people who do better then me. The over-achiever kicks higher then me, and has more energy. They thin girl, well, she's thinner then me and doesn't have to work at it. Darn that competitor in me. Go away so I can workout in peace.

No comments: