Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In case you missed it...


Here is the wedding announcement from the Washington Post Express. I was so excited to see it in there on Monday morning. I immediately turned to the page on the metro, and stood there smiling. Then I looked around to see if anyone else was reading it, and if they reconginzed me as the bride. Haha. Of course they didn't. There are so many people and faces on that train... but one can hope.
I looked like some shady thief, rummaging through the newspaper bins to grab as many copies as I could hold. this of course happening during a hard rain and I'm trying to hold my umbrella over myself and the papers. But with great success, I managed to grab about 12 copies. That should be enough... though I almost ran back out, in the rain, to the metro stop to get more.
But it's fun being a "celebrity" for a day. Both Bruno and I have had people email us letting us know they saw our BIO in the paper, and promptly sent the image along to our mutual friends.
Of course this, along with my latest shower and upcoming bachlorette party, reiterates how insanely close this wedding is! I won't go on about it, but I'll just say that 3 weeks is a lot close then 4 weeks! So much to do... and I think we have enough time? I dunno...
My shower this weekend was in New York with my extended family. Mom and I flew up because I was not about to spend 16 hours in the car for a short weekend. My cousins Kim and Steph threw me the shower and I had so much fun! They had compiled a list of 15-20 questions and gave them out to the guests. the questions were ones they had asked Bruno, and it was my job to answer them. I've done this before... and when I got one wrong, I had to add another stick of gum to my mouth. This time, I couldn't open a present unless I got an answer right! So mean... moreso because it took me until the 6th questions to get one right about Bruno. You would think after living with him for a year, and dating him almost 3, that I would know him pretty well. Apparently not. Haha. But after that first right answer, I was on a roll, and I think I may have only missed 1 after that. I was most impressed with myself for pulling out his answer to his "celebrity crush." It's Megan Fox, if you're wondering :)
The food was really great, and was all Mediterranean/Greek foods. you can't ever go wrong with that! And of course we had homemade Italian cookies to finish it off.
Sorry for the lack of post writing. I haven't had too much blog-worthy life stories.

No comments: