Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting Closer!

Last night Bruno and I went and picked out his wedding band :) (PS as I post this our first dance song came on my iPod!) He picked out a tungsten ring that's mostly brushed, but has 3 thin lines of satin finish in it. It's really nice, a good size, and pretty unique. As I was looking at the rings with him I thought briefly that there wasn't much choice for the guys, but then I realized we were only looking at the Tungsten rings. There were a lot of other choices, some nice, some completely hideous. I looked at ALL the choices for women and I just have to give so much credit to Bruno for the ring he selected for me. I don't know how you could make such a hard choice, but he did, and picked out the most perfect ring for me. I honestly love my ring so much!

Otherwise, we WERE supposed to have ou "first" dance lesson tonight for the wedding. However, I got a message that our instructor needs to reschedule... doesn't he realize how hard it was to schedule this?? Ah well.

In other news, I went to the Britney Spears concert on Tuesday night with 4 of my funnest girlfriends. We started the night with HH at La Tasca. Luckily we were able to snag a table big enough for the 5 of us (after some stalking and quick manuevering from Susie and I). The Pussycat Dolls opened for Brit, and I thought they were awesome!!! Unfortunately, the did NOT play the song Lindsay and I most wanted to hear (Top of the World - theme song to The City) but we did love all the others.

Britney of course put on a great show with incredible choreography that got everyone in the crowd standing up and dancing. However, due to my never-ending concert trips, I feel as though I've become a bit of a concert snob. I mean this in the sense that I was disappointed that Britney didn't actually sing. I had heard she didn't, which is one of the reasons we got the cheap seats up top, but I was still saddened. There are plenty of artists who dance like she does and still actually sing (Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani) but what can you do. I had a great time, especially with Susie in town, and recorded a few songs as well.

Next concert is Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine. I got these tickets for Bruno for Christmas, so we have been waiting a LONG time for this show. I'm really excited to see how it goes, as I've only heard good things about him.

AND Whitney and Jill are coming into town this weekend!!!! I'm super excited!!! We're going to Bruno's show at Whitlows Saturday night, so come out and join us! Otherwise, we plan on going into DC to see the Cherry Blossoms on Sunday. Hopefully the rain will hold out, but if itdoesn't, looks like we will visit the museums instead. I SHOULD have pics from the upcoming weekend so I will be sure to post them. I know blogs aren't as exciting without them.

No comments: