Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nobody knows for sure... kinda...

Our fate down at CBP has been a roller coaster ever since we found out the contract was going to end. Rumors went flying back and forth, and it seems like we may have an answer... finally... for now...

Monday afternoon, I was pulled into my boss' office. He proceeded to fill me in on the fate of the 8 of us down in DC. 4 of us would stay and work through the end of the month, the remaining 4, well, their job was done on 3/13. Yes, it's a Friday. Do they know yet? Well, I know one does...

Tuesday afternoon at our staff meeting we are informed that our last day is NOT March 31, but March 6. Yes, that's thus Friday. We were told to have our things packed up by COB Friday and that everyone would report to A-Town on Monday. Ok...

Tuesday later afternoon, my boss tells me that what we were told may not be true, and that we may be here until the end of the month after all.

Today, that was confirmed. The plan I was told on Monday is back in action. I asked my boss if the terms were going to change AGAIN and he says, "I don't know."

Could they make upt there mind please? And, last I heard from this afternoon, still only one person had been told that their last day was 3/13. Um... are you going to let them know anytime soon?

So yay, I will FINALLY be back in Arlington. Back to my window, back to my friends. But not back to work... there's really not enough for us there right now, so everyone is kinda stressing out about going back. But I've been assured that my job is safe... let's hope so...

1 comment:

Maria said...

Whoa! I feel that is how everyone's jobs are right now. So many people getting laid off, it's craziness! I'm glad my job is secure, at least I think it is...