Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I don't like "gym molly"

Those were the words my friend Joyce typed to me last night when I told her I was going to Body Attack instead of out for St Patty's Day. After she razzed me a little, I told her it was only until the wedding then I would go crazy. She said, "Good. I like the drinking Molly better."

Haha. Yes, I now find myself a hypocrite, as I have turned into one of those people I once mocked. I remember giving Susie a hard time for going to the gym instead of coming to Rock Bottom. How the tables have turned...

What's odd is that now I kinda find myself weight obsessed, and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I check my weight at least once a day... which I was told before that you should only do it every 2 weeks. I try really hard to monitor the calories I eat everyday, and have stuck to a good workout routine for at least 2 months now. I haven't reached the weight I was in college, and honestly, I don't see that happening. I mean, that would mean losing another 10 pounds, and that's just insane. But I'm relatively happy with my progress, especially when I think back to last year, and I was about 8 pounds heavier then I am now. Nice work. See what weddings will do to you??

I do feel good about myself when I work out in the morning, and get my butt kicked at Belle's class every week. But it is still so hard to get up in the morning and workout. I use Wednesdays as my break day, since Tuesday night is Belle's class. And let me tell you, I live for Wednesdays. I love sleeping in and not having to work out in the morning. I never work out on the weekends. Instead, I use that time to eat whatever I want. So sure, I could PROBABLY get down to my college weight if I worked out on the weekends, and tried to eat healthy then too. But then what would the reward be??? I need Wednesdays and weekends to keep me going. I will never deprive myself of the foods I love... and the great feeling of eating junk.

But overall, I am happy with my progress. I've had plenty of inspiration from my friends who have lost weight and look great (esp. Karen, Lindsay and Belle), so they keep me going as well.

Here's to the next 2 months, right?

1 comment:

Susie said...

Just keep going!!! Being healthy is actually a great addiction! I love it and I must say...after getting married, it gets even harder to work out and be healthy but you've got to do it for your health. The more you work out the younger you will look, feel, and live! You don't want bones to break when you're 50!
Now go sweat!