Monday, March 9, 2009

It's REAL!

I had my first of 3 bridal showers yesterday. This one was planned by Karen and Allyson, my amazing MOH and bridesmaid. This one was deemed my "Friends Bridal Shower."

I was so nervous leading up to the event, and I'm not really sure why. I suppose it was the reality of all attention actually being focused on me, moreso than any birthdays I've ever celebrated. The games would focus on me, and the presents. It just made me so nervous, and as I later told Allyson, confirmation that I'm ACTUALLY getting married.

Up until now, it's almost been just like we're planning an event. True, we are planning an event, but it doesn't really hit you until this moment. And I suppose that's what made me so nervous. So nervous that I had clamy hands, and changed my outfit about 6 times.

I was still wiping my brow, wet with anxiety, as I entered the room and saw all my friends. I quickly paced around, said my hellos, gave my hugs, and breathed in the reality of MY shower. It's just so surreal in a way to look around at the pictures and realize they are of me, me and my fiancee. I've been to plenty of showers of course, but it was so weird being at my own.

But as I said, Karen and Allyson did an excellent job and I had a really great time. I would say my favorite game we played was a variation of catch phrase. The variation was in the words and phrases, which all related to me and Bruno. It was so cool seeing what the girls came up with based on their views of me and Bruno. I promptly bowed out of the guessing part of the game, halfway through, after realizing it wasn't fair for me to guess. The game ended up very close, my team only winning by one point. Good job ladies!

The food was amazing (homemade cannolis!) as were the guests. Thanks everyone for a great great time and I can't wait until May to celebrate with everyone!

No comments: