Tuesday, December 2, 2008

To the dungeon...

A few weeks ago, on a Monday morning, I was cornered by 2 of my bosses as I came into the office. Of course I immediately think the worst, since cornering usually means you're in trouble. They could tell by my look that I was worried about what they were about to tell me.

"Don't worry, we're not laying you off."

"Well I would hope you wouldn't do it in the conference room!"

Instead they asked me if I wanted to move down, temporarily, to our DC office. Did I want to? No. First of all, it would mean I would be away from our awesome office in Clarendon. I'd be away from my office friends. I'd be away from free lunches and treats. I'd have to become a metro rider. I'd have to work in an office with no windows. Again, did I want to? No. Did I have to? Not reeeaaalllly, but kinda yes. Did I? Yes.

So I've been here only 6 days, and it seems to maybe get slightly better. I REALLY hope I don't have to stay here long, because I'm already missing the treats of the season, including Lindt chocolate brought in by a vendor today.

I mean, i'ts ok. Once I have my own projects to work on, it'll be better. I mean, I do have slightly more privacy, and well, oppportunity to write blogs. Ha. I can't check facebook, but at least I have email or I would REALLY be hating life.

So for now, I'm in the dungeon. At least I'm saving money on gas, right? Riiiiight....

No comments: