Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Walk, or Run, to the Nearest Exit

Dear Orange Line Metro Rider,

I cannot site one person specifically for this, so I will make a general blanket plea - Please Do Not Stand On The Left Side Of The Escalator. Seriously. The left side is for WALKING... the right side is for STANDING. Do you not listen to the PA System when the nice metro lady gives handy metro tips? Even SHE asks you to walk when you are on the left side.

Unfortunately, EVERY time this happens, I am never right behind the person at fault, otherwise, you would know that I like to walk on the left side. I honestly don't understand why none of the people in front of me give a little "shove" to you left-side standers. Am I the only person who understands this concept?

Anyhow, please please PLEASE do not stand on the left side of the escalator. That is what the right side is for. You may not be in a hurry to get home, but I am. And I'm not a fan of being slowed down.

Thank you,
Woman with a Mission

1 comment:

Steven Sorrell said...

Haha, I see that you are enjoying your time as a metro rider. I found out that this is not why Bruno hates them, as he has a completely different reason.

Its weird, but the drama you face at the metro, can be eerily similar to what you would face if you drove.