Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 1

Day 01 — Your favorite song

You know, I have to say that choosing 1 favorite song of all-time is pretty hard. My favorite songs change so much… not everyday because that’d be a little much, but probably every few months. I’m certain this is the case for everyone simply based on the fact that our music tastes change along with the music we listen to. I know I wrote in a previous post how much I love the Oldies and for the longest time I would claim my favorite song to be “My Girl” by the Temptations. I think it mostly stemmed from the fact that I loved the movie with the same name and loved the Oldies, so the 2 kind of went hand in hand. But I don’t think I would say the same now. When I think of what a favorite song is, it’s one that you turn up loud and sing along to anytime it comes on. It’s the one that you search specifically on your iPod for every now and then because you want to hear something you love. So what one is that…

Friends of mine would surely chime in saying, “I Want You to Want Me!” since that is my go-to song on Karaoke and is the ending credits song to my all-time favorite movie (save that information for a later post). But as much as I do love singing that song, I wouldn’t call it my all-time favorite. Other friends may say, “It MUST be ‘NSYNC something or other because you were like, obsessed with them.” True, I was. I admit it and I’m not ashamed. But no, they do not reign on the all-time list.

Well folks, I must say that the winner is… and I’ve really put a lot of thought into this because there are a lot of songs I love. But the award goes to:

Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band

This is by no means a biased decision just because my husband happens to be in a DMB Tribute Band. I was a fan of Dave way before I met Bruno. Under the Table and Dreaming is the only DMB CD I own and I bought it for this song specifically. I DO instantly turn up this song when it comes on and sing to it every time. This song makes me happy, brings me a lot of memories and has such a catchy beat that I can’t help myself. I love that it is such a crowd pleaser and that I’m guaranteed to hear it every time I see Crowded Streets perform. It will never grow old to me.

Close 2nds…
If I Had $1 Million by Barenaked Ladies
Everything by Michael Buble

No comments: