Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Was I born in the wrong year?

Sometimes I amaze myself. I amaze myself at the ability to remember lyrics to songs dated waaaaay before my time. The other day, I was listening to Sirius “60’s on 6” and I found myself singing and harmonizing to the tune of “Summer Song” by Chad and Jeremy 1965. Yeah, who knows that song? And why do I know it?

I grew up listening to Oldies. When we would make our 8hr drive to New York in the middle of the night, my dad would have Oldies on. My first concert was The Beach Boys. I listened to Oldies until 7th grade, when I decided rap music was going to be my thing.

But I love them. I really do. And sometimes I find it amazing that other people don’t love them as much as me. That they didn’t grow up on Oldies. I will ensure that my children listen to the Oldies because although the lyrics are insanely cheesy, it’s just good music. Am I 60 years old for saying that?

1 comment:

Deviled Megs said...

My first concert was The Monkees if you can believe that, how sad right?