Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 3

Day 03 — Your favorite television program

Ok so if I thought choosing a favorite song was hard, well that doesn’t even compare to choosing a favorite TV show. You all know how important TV is in my life. It’s sad, I know. But I’ve been like that my whole life – I blame my parents. My dad and I have the exact same approach to coming home from work, or wherever… come through the door, turn on the TV. Most of the time I immediately sit on the couch to watch it, but sometimes, I don’t. I just leave it on as I filter throughout the house. It’s my background noise. Bruno likes music, I like TV. When Bruno’s not home, I sometimes have both TVs on just so I don’t miss anything as I move room to room. We have a TIVO and a DVR because of the overwhelming amount of shows we both watch. Most of them are mine, but Bruno is starting to catch up.

So asking me to choose my favorite show? Oh wow… When I was little, there was no hesitation to answer, “Mr. Ed!” Yes, the old black and white TV show about a talking horse. I loved it. Throughout the years I went through Full House, The Wonder Years and then on to Dawson’s Creek. Oh Dawson’s Creek, how you ruled my life for 6 seasons of bliss. My mild obsession with Katie Holmes may have had something to do with how much I treasured this program, but you could find me keeping up to date, every week. When we were in college and we didn’t get the WB, my mom would record them for me so I could catch up when I had the chance. My roommates and I drove to Wilmington, NC freshman year specifically to scope out the set and the filming locations. Notice a trend here? So yes, my love of Wilmington stemmed from my love of Dawson’s Creek.

But alas, I honestly wouldn’t peg Dawson’s Creek as my all-time favorite show. You are shocked, I know it. But I must come out with the truth. The show that beat out Dawson’s Creek is one that aired at the same time, but I didn’t get into until Dawson’s Creek was over. Drumroll…

Gilmore Girls

This probably isn’t a really big shock to be the show that beat out my beloved DC but just the fact that something beat it out is pretty amazing. Comparing both shows, Gilmore Girls makes me laugh more – the one-liners and dialogues always keep a smile on my face. Granted, DC was obviously more of a drama then GG, but in the end, I think it’s the comedy that wins me over. I like the characters of GG - they aren’t all sleeping with each other. Some of the storylines of DC were a little too far-fetched and I really hated the annual Halloween episode. When I grab a DVD set to watch for a long road trip, GG is the one I will turn to most often.

Close 2nd (after Dawson’s Creek)

Sex and the City – I didn’t get into this show until after it ended because we didn’t have HBO. But I will watch reruns over and over and love them! Bruno can attest to this…

1 comment:

Average Girl said...

I think I was hooked on 90210 (original) and Melrose Place, followed by Sex and the City and Gilmore Girls too!

Now sadly, it's like the Big Bang Theory and How I met your mother...

And if its any consolation, I have been turning on that dang tv for years, even when I read!!!!

Cheers
Tracy
www.goodgirlgoneaverage.blogspot.com