Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Days About Me: Day 2

Day 02 — Your favorite movie

Well this one is a no-brainer. If you know me at all, you know the answer to this one:

10 Things I Hate About You

I just love love love this movie. I love the storyline; I love the actors; I love the setting; I love the music. Yep, pretty much just love this movie. I originally set out to see it because one of my favorite actresses at the time, Larisa Oleynik, was in it. I was a tab obsessed with The Secret World of Alex Mack. After seeing it twice in the theaters, there was no turning back. Sure I saw Save the Last Dance in the theater a few times… and by a few I mean 4… but that movie never had the impact that this movie did.

I’m not sure why though. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I’ve always loved Seattle and here comes a movie that is filmed there, filled with young actors and funny lines I could relate to. Ok, maybe the portrayal of high school life was a bit exaggerated, but let’s be honest, how often are they not exaggerated?

A few years ago, Bruno and I took a week-long trip out to Seattle to spend Thanksgiving with his sister and her husband. A day or 2 was all we needed in the city, so what else could we do for the rest of the time? How about we IMDB the movie to find all the filming locations and be movie tourists for the day? So we did. We travelled around the outskirts of Seattle and down to Tacoma, taking pictures of as many sites as we could. It was a dream come true. Ok maybe not really, but kinda. I was definitely oozing excitement all day and had a perma-smile across my face.

Stadium High School


"Can you help me find the Feminine Mystique? I lost my copy."


Bianca and Cameron frolicked here.

No comments: